Sunday 6 December 2009

Training Update - November

November's training turned out to be more interesting than I expected. As well as exploring an ever expanding network of footpaths around home, I spent ten days in the US courtesy of Rolls-Royce. The down side was 10 days of US size portions and hotel breakfasts - not good. The up side was the opportunity to get to a gym on the working days, and at the weekend to explore two state parks. On the Saturday, I ran just about every trail at Turkey Run State Park Indiana which has good geology, and decidedly interesting topography. I think the locals out for their Saturday afternoon stroll found the mad Englishman who ran past them lots of times as he looped round the various walks somewhat strange! It probably confirmed the stereotype. On the Sunday, I travelled from Indianapolis to Mount Vernon Ohio, and stopped at Alum Creek State Park, where I ran two laps of the multi-purpose trail (which was supposed to be for hiking, cross country skiing and snow-mobiling - but it seemed most suitable for running to me!). In all, the two days added up to 27 miles, by the end of which I was pretty confident I could do the distance for the first half marathon.

November was finished off with around 7 miles near Thornton-le-Dale in Yorkshire where we went for a long weekend. Altogether, I did 99 miles in the month, and had done 229 in total preparation for the Gower Half Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment